Altstadt Hefeweizen Beer Brined Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Altstadt Hefeweizen Beer
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 6 1–1 1/4 inch thick center-cut bone-in pork chops
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried sage leaves
- Combine 2 cups water, beer, 1/4 cup coarse salt, sugar, and molasses in large bowl.
- Stir until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Stir in ice.
- Place pork chops in large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour beer brine over pork chops; seal bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat).
- Remove pork chops from beer brine; pat dry.
- Mix garlic, pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and sage in small bowl.
- Rub garlic mixture over both sides of pork chops.
- Grill pork chops until center of chops registers 145°F to 150°F, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally moving chops to cooler part of rack if burning.
- Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings